The search for a safe and reliable method for correcting nearsightedness is half a century old. In the field of ophthalmology, refractive surgery is the correction of visual acuity. Successful laser eye procedures can help you get rid of your eyeglasses and contact lenses. Even those who use eyeglasses as a fashion statement would prefer to have one hundred percent perfect vision. Nevertheless, the population suffering from myopia was not initially interested in laser correction surgery.
First, the price for laser surgery is quite expensive. Another factor is that not all patients suffering from myopia can get laser vision correction due to other health issues. Finally, patients have many doubts and worries about complications after the procedure. How are these justified?
Choose the laser eye treatment, because it provides:
- A sense of independence. The number one reason why patients want to undergo laser vision correction is to get rid of their dependency on eyeglasses and contact lenses so they can look “natural”
- The opportunity to opt out of glasses, when on medical grounds you cannot wear lenses.
- The correction myopia of high to medium degrees, and strong astigmatism (for which contact lenses do not give full vision)
- Improvement of the quality of life. With glasses, many kinds of leisure activities such as swimming and sports are not easily performed.
- In cases of anisometropia when there is very big difference in visual acuity between the two eyes.If it is greater than 2.5 diopters, the eyes may develop strabismus (especially in children). Ophthalmologists do
not prescribe spectacles with the difference between the lenses of more than 1.5 diopters.
- In the development of career and professional adaptation. This often applies to athletes or actors and actresses. In the early days of refractive surgery namely athletes and young people accounted for the larger percentage of patients.
- In social adaptation. Sometimes a person is sick and cannot use either eyeglasses or contact lenses. Then the operation is the only way to restore normal vision.
If you are interested in learning more about laser eye correction for myopia, you should schedule a consultation with Dr. William Boothe of Boothe Eye care and laser vision to learn more. Our surgeons will answer any questions or concerns you may have during our consultation.