Special preparations for laser surgery are not required!
Before the laser correction treatment the patient undergoes a detailed eye examination with the most modern diagnostic equipment. This diagnosis involves checking the visual acuity of 20 tests, the prognosis of vision after surgery, and the nature the patient’s eyes. The parameters of each eye are checked, along with the power of the lens of the eye, the thickness and size of the cornea, and the measurement of intraocular pressure. Computer topograms of the cornea are also taken. At this stage the diagnosis is able to identify existing diseases and contraindications. All patients with high myopia have the bottom of their eyes examined by Dr. Boothe. If necessary, he prescribes and schedules the necessary treatment, including using an argon laser to prevent retinal detachment.
As a result of the whole complex of eye research Dr. Boothe determines whether excimer laser surgery is appropriate for a patient or if they need a different method, if an operation is contraindicated.
After the patient gets the go ahead from Dr. Boothe to schedule a laser procedure, Dr. Boothe will give detailed instructions. Dr. Boothe will talk about the essence of the operation and compliance of the necessary rules. It is important that you are familiar with the whole process. As a result, you will be not afraid and will be able to make an informed choice.
Instructions for patients undergoing laser eye correction:
• Prior to the diagnosis and correction you cannot wear contact lenses for: soft – 2 days, hard – 2 weeks.
• Do not drink alcohol for two days before the correction.
• On the day of the operation thoroughly wash your face and your hair and do not use perfumes, deodorants and cosmetics.
• It is desirable to be wearing a cotton blouse, or a shirt with a wide neck.
• Have breakfast and take sunglasses with you. You may need them in the first few hours after the correction.
• Be sure to have a passport or identification document.
• You can have someone accompany you, but it is best if they come after the operation.
Why do patients choose Boothe Eye Care & Laser Center?
The individual treatment program boasts high standards of medicine at Boothe Eye Care & Laser Center. We offer great service, convenience and comfort for the patient, qualified personnel and professional work. We guarantee each and every patient that the diagnosis and treatment will be performed at the highest level within the most modern methods, materials and equipment.
In our book reviews – hundreds of patients from around the world have expressed joy and gratitude for the fact that we were able to create a small miracle – permanently help them to get rid of their glasses and restore vision. We at Boothe Eye Care & Laser Center are happy to make our patients happy!