The Boothe Eye Care and Laser Center is a world-class surgical clinic that serves thousands of patients yearly in the Plano, Texas, area (north of Dallas). Since opening its doors in 1987, the eye care center has steadily evolved to become the standard of care for vision correction services in Texas, bringing the world into focus for nearly 200,000 people.
The center owes its success to its founder, Dr. William Boothe, one of the world’s pioneers in laser eye surgery techniques. Over the course of his career, Dr. Boothe has successfully corrected the vision of nearly 200,000 patients in Texas and beyond. The most common procedures at his practice are LASIK and INTRALASIK surgeries, which Dr. Boothe has both pioneered and perfected. Dr Boothe has successfully performed more than 115,000 LASIK procedures and 69,000 INTRALASIK procedures. Laser eye surgeries involve creating a corneal flap to expose the tissues in the eye, so an excimer laser can be used to help to refocus light on the retina. Dr. Boothe was among the very first surgeons to use the “microkeratome,” a handheld device used to carefully create a corneal flap in the eye during LASIK procedures.
Dr William Boothe is well known for his deep-seated belief in the power of technology to improve quality of life for patients living with nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism. That’s why the Boothe Eye Care and Laser Center is equipped with the most advanced, state-of-the-art technologies that are available in the field of refractive eye surgery today. Following their procedures, patients are overjoyed when they can see clearly once again without the aid of eyeglasses or contacts. They attribute their satisfaction to Dr. Boothe’s deep compassion, thirst for knowledge about new developments and his extraordinary skill as a surgeon.
Benefits of LASIK
LASIK eye surgery is one of the fastest-growing procedures for correcting vision for people with nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism at Boothe Eyecare. Dr. William Boothe has restored clear eyesight for millions of people who previously relied heavily on traditional eyewear to read, drive their cars, play sports or perform other daily tasks.
LASIK surgery offers many advantages over corrective eyewear, such as eyeglasses and contact lenses. Some of those benefits are described below:
- Quick procedure and results | LASIK is a quick procedure, typically lasting about 10 minutes, and the results can last a lifetime. Patients also tend to experience clear vision immediately following the procedure, with gradual improvements continuing over the next few days, weeks or even months.
- Painless | Laser surgery causes minimal discomfort for the patient and recovery time is limited. With eye drops and over-the-counter pain medication, most people can resume regular activities within 24 hours.
- Technological advancements | Many advanced technologies are available today that enable LASIK surgeons to correct vision with remarkable accuracy. Surgeons can create an exact map of the eye, outlining every aberration and allowing the laser to excise precisely the right amounts of corneal tissue to sharpen vision.
- High success rates | Success rates with laser eye surgeries are overwhelmingly high. The vast majority of patients who undergo LASIK procedures experience substantial improvements in their vision, including perfect vision or better.
- A permanent solution | Eyeglasses may provide improved eyesight but they limit your peripheral vision. LASIK surgery improves your overall eyesight by permanently refocusing light on your cornea, which makes your full range of sight clearer. Even if your refractive error is severe, LASIK can considerably reduce your dependency on glasses or allow you to wear glasses that are lighter.
- Shorter routines | Eyeglasses and contacts require daily cleaning, which adds extra time to your daily routines. LASIK gives you freedom from these routines, which may also make travel cumbersome. Moreover, eyeglasses are easy to misplace and contacts need to be reordered periodically. Laser-corrected vision allows you to reduce your dependency on external eyewear.
- Improved self confidence | Laser surgery can renew one’s self-confidence and significantly improve quality of life by eliminating the need for glasses and by improving performance in sports, work or other activities.
The Boothe Eye Care and Laser Center is a preeminent provider of laser surgery services. Setting the standard of care, the Center uses the latest and most advanced technologies to ensure the best possible results for patients. Its founder, Dr. William Boothe, is one of the most experienced laser surgeons in the United States today. Call our office to schedule a consultation with Dr. William Boothe and find out whether you are a good candidate for LASIK.